June 6, 2012

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 6

Day 6: A picture of a person you'd love to trade places with for a day...


For those of you who don't know, this is Shirley Temple. She was my idol when I was a child. I made my mom put me in curlers every night so I could look like her. I had a sing a long tape with just her songs on it. I told people that I was going to be the next Shirley Temple! 
Shirley led an awesome life. She was in her first film, a series of what they were calling "Baby Burlesks", when she was three(1931)! Her first big movie was Stand Up and Cheer. Her acting and dancing career sky rocketed and lasted until 1961. She starred in a total of 43 feature films, not to mention the 14 short films and 25 story book movies she also starred in. In her later years she became involved in politics, being a representative to the UN, ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia, and the first woman to be U.S. Chief of Protocol. 
Shirley always made me believe that my dreams could come true. I wanted to be an actress on the big screen. Since I'm older, more realistic, and realize that's not going to happen, she still inspires me to do my best and sing my troubles away. 
This is a video of one of my favorite songs of hers. I wish I could get the video of me singing it when I was really little online. Maybe I'll have to make that a project for another day. 

--Lexi Lou

0 comments:

How's My Weight Loss Going?