June 3, 2012

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 3

Day 3: A picture of the cast from your favorite show...


Moulin Rouge! (pronounced Moo-lawn Rooj, for those who don't know) This show stars my two favorite actors, Ewan McGregor (middle left) and Nicole Kidman (middle right). They play a penniless writer and a courtesan who fall in love against all odds, only to be separated by a rich and powerful Duke and (eventually) a disease which neither know about. I don't want to spoil the ending, but its a tear jerker. I love it!
What I really love most about this movie is the music! The songs are compilations of songs from musicals or pop culture revamped to fit this show. My favorite is the Elephant Love Medley (named so because it is sung in a building shaped like an elephant), which are love songs remixed. The song includes "Love Is Like Oxygen" - Sweet (band), "Love is a Many-Splendored Thing" - The Four Aces, "Up Where We Belong" - Joe Cocker and Jennifer Warnes, "All You Need Is Love" - The Beatles, "Lover's Game" - Chris Isaak, "I Was Made For Lovin' You" - Kiss, "One More Night" - Phil Collins, "Pride (In The Name Of Love)" - U2, "Don't Leave Me This Way" - Harold Melvin & the Blue Notes, "Silly Love Songs" - Paul McCartney and Wings, "Heroes" - David Bowie,  "I Will Always Love You" - Dolly Parton (and later by Whitney Houston), and "Your Song" - Elton John. So obviously, this song is a great one! The weirdest song in the show would probably be the Duke and Harry Zidler (middle in the picture) singing Madonna's "Like a Virgin".
Anyways, its an AWESOME show and you should all go out and see it! I love love love love love love love this movie!

--Lexi Lou

0 comments:

How's My Weight Loss Going?