June 13, 2012

30 Day Photo Challenge: Day 13

Day 13: A picture of your favorite band or artist...

Wow, picking my favorite band or artist is like picking a favorite family member. I can't do it! I love music so much! Its a part of me. It gets me through stuff I wouldn't be able to get through on my own. So, instead, I'll pick my top 5 songs and post pictures of those artist...
Problem is, trying to think of five of my favorites, I can't think of any! There are so many songs that I love! So I guess I'll post the songs that mean the most to me right now.

5. Stronger by Kelly Clarkson
Its kind of obvious why this song would be in my top five of right now. Its all about overcoming relationships and the fact that you're probably better off once its over. My favorite line is "Doesn't mean I'm lonely when I'm alone." I really feel that way about my situation. I feel like everyone is holding on. They keep asking me if I'm ok. When I reassure them that I am, they look me like they're saying, "Are you sure?" 
I am grateful for the time that I had with my ex. Now I am looking forward to the future, and I'm not going to let the past ruin that. All it will do is make me stronger.


4. Raise Your Glass by P!nk

This song has been one of my favorites since high school. I always felt like I was on the cusp of being "socially acceptable". Sure, I stand out in a crowd and do crazy things. This song is like an anthem to me, as it is to all my fellow weirdos. 



(I didn't post the official video because of language and some...weird and somewhat inappropriate stuff in the video. But you are, of course, free to look it up on your own)


3. Honey Bee by Blake Shelton
Honestly, this is the only song of his (that I know of) that I listen to. Though I like country, I don't listen to it very often. This song has captured my heart. Its so sweet! (Not to mention the music video is adorable!)
I want a man who will love me like this. We will be complete on our own, but together we'll make something even better.






2. Elephant Love Medley from Moulin Rouge
This is another great love song that is just amazing! Technically it is a compilation of many great love songs. I think that's why it is so great. It takes all the best and puts them into one place and one story. (For a list of the songs in this beautiful song, click here.) These two characters are a perfect example of true love, and this song fits them.
Sorry for the Spanish subtitles

1. We R Who We R by Ke$ha 
I know, I know. Ke$ha's lyrics are not always the best. Her songs are so fun and addicting though. I struggled to pick between this one and "Your Love is My Drug". I figured since I've already done two love songs this one would be fine. Its all about just getting out there and having a good time despite what people think of you. I myself am trying to let go of my inhibitions. This song is a good way to warm myself up to that.


I didn't post the official video for this song for the same reasons as the P!nk one. Again, feel free to look it up on your own if you'd like. 

This list will probably change tomorrow, and the next day, and the next day! Pinning down these five as my favorite (right now) was really hard. Maybe I should post songs regularly? I think that might be fun! Let me know in the comments if that's something you might be interested in.

--Lexi Lou

0 comments:

How's My Weight Loss Going?